Brown Rice Porridge with Poached Pears
Brown Rice Porridge with Poached Pears and Walnuts Recipe
Serves 4 – GF | DF | RSF
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 600ml rice milk
- 160ml water
- 1 vanilla pod
- 160g diced pear
- 40g chopped walnuts
- 1 pear cored and halved
- 40g honey
- 50ml white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ star anise
- 150ml water
- Cook brown rice according to instructions stipulated on packet. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Slice open and seed vanilla pod. Place pre-cooked rice, cinnamon, vanilla seeds and rice milk in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Add diced pear to pot and turn down heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Once pear is tender, remove from heat.
- Place all ingredients for the poached pear in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until pears are softened. Remove the pears from liquid and finely slice.
- Arrange porridge in a small bowl and top with sliced pears and chopped walnuts
Recipe provided by the amazing team at Eat Fit Food.